Expand your business management potential
In USC’s EMBA program you’ll learn advanced business management skills and develop a deeper understanding of today’s business environment, to help take your business or career to the next level. You’ll study a range of key business areas including leadership, strategic management, innovation and entrepreneurship, finance, economics and marketing.
This program is not currently open for applications
- Program coordinator
- Professor Meredith Lawley
In this program you will:
- Attend intensive weekend sessions once a month, over 2 years.
- Study alongside like-minded peers in a personalised environment.
- Learn the latest in business thinking from USC academics and external organisations.
- Sharpen your business management skills and work on management issues relevant to both the private and public sectors.
- Use problem-solving activities to challenge and expand your skills, attitudes and perspectives.
- Gain experiential learning through an optional overseas study tour.
You don’t need an undergraduate degree to apply for postgraduate business studies. We’ll consider other qualifications (including partial completion of a degree or other post-secondary qualifications) and relevant work experience as part of your application.
The EMBA is delivered on campus at USC on one weekend each month across approximately 22 months. For the assigned weekends, students will need to be available to attend classes Fri-Sun, 9am–4.30pm.
Each weekend of delivery combines two courses so that delivery of a single course is not concentrated in one weekend. In addition, exams are conducted progressively throughout the scheduled weekends, not at a separate time. Due to this intensive delivery mode you are able to gain a real sense of achievement and progress. The EMBA program commences in Session 2 (end of February) for the first year of study, and continues each month until November. After a short break at the end of the year, the program will re-commence in Session 1 (early January).
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- have a prior degree #, and
- have at least five years senior managerial work experience.
Candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Applicants may also be required to attend an interview.
# In the absence of an undergraduate degree the School will consider evidence of the applicant’s ability to study at a graduate level. This may include:
- partial completion of an undergraduate degree and / or
- other post secondary qualifications
Students with an undergraduate degree
No advanced standing will be granted to students with an undergraduate qualification.
Students with postgraduate qualifications
Students who have completed postgraduate courses elsewhere may apply for advanced standing up to a maximum of 50 percent for the Master of Business Administration, Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. The content of the courses would need to overlap the University of the Sunshine Coast course content by at least 75 percent.
This program equips you for high level leadership roles in Australia and internationally and develops executive skills to manage complex challenges in private business or government.
Required courses (120 units)
EMB751 Design Thinking and Disruptive Innovation
EMB752 Customer and market driven planning
EMB753 Research for Decision Making
EMB754 Entrepreneurship and Business Model Innovation
EMB755 Financial Report Analysis
EMB756 Managerial Informatics
EMB757 Managing People in Organisations
EMB758 Managerial Economics
EMB759 Business Law
EMB760 Principles of Leadership
EMB761 Corporate Governance, Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
EMB762 Strategic Management
EMB763 Business Finance for Managers
EMB765 Human Resource Management Essentials
EMB766 Business Model Development
EMB775 Developing Personal Leadership Capability
EMB776 Creating and delivering marketing value
EMB780 Managerial Project (12 units)
EMB784 Planning and Pitching your start-up
Elective courses (24 units)
PLUS select 24 units from:
EMB771 Building Agile Organisations
EMB772 Project Leadership
EMB773 Cultural Intelligence in the Global Environment
EMB778 Managerial Project
EMB779 Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Business and Management
EMB781 Managerial Business Analytics
EMB782 Research Project A
EMB783 Research Project B (12 units)
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 144
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 144 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates.
- Not available to international students on a Student visa