This course deals with the legal rules concerning the evidence that may be given in criminal and civil trials in courts. Those rules deal with matters including the competence and compellability of witnesses, the exclusion of evidence that is privileged, hearsay evidence, opinion evidence and the admissibility of evidence that was obtained illegally. Students will examine the rules of evidence that apply in Queensland courts and consider the differences between them and the uniform evidence legislation that applies in federal courts and some other states.
- LAW104 and LAW304 and enrolled in a Law Program or UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
LAW403 Course Outline Semester 1, 2018 (PDF 156KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.