This course provides you with an introduction to the procedural rules that govern how civil litigation is conducted in the courts. The course contains an overview of the entire body of rules of civil procedure ranging from commencement of proceedings, to defining issues for trial, to enforcement of judgments. There is particular emphasis upon case management procedures adopted by courts and the various alternative dispute resolution mechanisms that are used to assist people to resolve civil disputes without recourse to a contested hearing and judgment by a court.
- LAW102 and enrolled in any Law Program or UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 3
- Tuition fee
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.