This course will enable nursing and midwifery students to analyse practices and issues related to the provision of health care and health education where health providers and clients share culturally diverse backgrounds. Particular interest will be given to: the health inequities that are currently present in the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population in comparison to their mainstream Australian counterparts; and developing the skills and knowledge that nursing and midwifery students need to communicate effectively to work with people from cultures other than their own.
- Enrolled in Program SC391, SC392, SC393, SC394, SC335, UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2, Session 8
- Gympie: Semester 2, Session 8
- Sippy Downs: Semester 2, Session 8
- Caboolture: Semester 2, Session 8
- Student contribution band:
- Band IA
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
NUR332 Course Outline session 8, 2017 (PDF 531KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.