This course provides knowledge, skills and experience in child and adolescent counselling. You will develop your practice framework for counselling children based on an integrative model that incorporates cognitive-behavioural, emotion-focused and creative arts-based approaches. You will develop experiential skills needed to engage children and adolescents in therapy, using the five-stage model. The course weaves the use of problem-solving strategies, cognitive and emotion-focused activities, art-making, music-based and language-based modes of self-reflection, and use of movement and games.
- Enrolled in Program AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.