This course introduces you to the prototyping and development using computers and maker tools though a design thinking approach. Topics include the design and development using Computer Aided Design (CAD), electrical circuit design and testing, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and testing, and use of cutting edge prototyping technology including 3D scanning and printing, laser cutting, CNC routing and other prototyping tools.
- DES221 or DES222
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Moreton Bay: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.