This course focuses on interrogating school subjects to identify literacy and numeracy demands and designing learning experiences to support students' literacy and numeracy capabilities. Definitions of literacy and numeracy are analysed to broaden conceptualisation of these two terms as encompassing more than basic skills. You will design innovative solutions to improving students' literacy and numeracy in authentic contexts. You will analyse your own personal literacy and numeracy skills and competencies, and reflect upon the literacy and numeracy requirements of teachers in the 21st century.
- Enrolled in Program ED508, ED705, ED706 or ED707
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Session 8, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.