This course extends your knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander ways of learning in education contexts. Through interactions with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, you critically reflect on cultural beliefs and professional practice and develop skills to evaluate and ameliorate the impact of dominant pedagogies and discourses on learners. You will learn how to embed these perspectives and communicate and utilise equitable and differentiated teaching strategies that demonstrate a commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives in education.
- Enrolled in Program ED508, ED705, ED706 or ED707
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Session 1, Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Online: Session 1, Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.