This course is designed to deepen your understanding of your future professional roles within Australian and global education contexts. You will critically analyse the role of the teacher in local, state, national and global contexts and develop a clear professional identity of yourself as a reflexive and autonomous practitioner. You will use critical theory to investigate and analyse current issues in education ' asking questions around what is schooling, the purpose of education, and alternative pedagogies. Socio-cultural models of learning, and emancipatory and democratic philosophies of education will form part of a 'capstone' suite of courses that are designed to pique critical thinking.
- Enrolled in Program ED706
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.