Biotechnology is the use of biologically-derived knowledge (from tissues, cells, DNA, RNA, proteins, metabolites) to create useful products. You will follow the pathway from biotechnology research to product development, incl. drug discovery and how genetic material and proteins can be manipulated and produced, how metabolites can be utilised, and explore case studies in drug design and screening. The course includes aspects of intellectual property, commercialisation, and basic enterprise management and the ethical and social aspects of biotechnology, as well as legal and regulatory affairs.
- (SCI105 and LFS100) or (SCI105 and (LFS103 or LFS100) and enrolled in Program SC355 or SC357 or SC354)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.