The use of smart engineered materials is the bedrock of innovations in engineering structures and devices. In this course, you will learn that microstructure controls properties and processing controls microstructure, and, through processing, the properties of materials can be engineered for different applications. You will apply this knowledge to solve simple problems by conducting tests, interpreting results, and selecting materials based on performance indices to suit design specifications.
- MTH102 or MTH103 and enrolled in program SC367, SC404, SC405, SC410, SC411, SC425, AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301.
- ENG225 or MEC1201
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.