In this course, you will learn about the processes involved in engineering the functional properties of materials to fit different applications. Engineers make devices that require the selection of materials fit for specific purposes. These materials are processed by shaping, joining and surface treating; all of which affects the material’s microstructure and final properties. An important role for the engineer is to make meaningful connections between processed materials and its properties and performance in applications. This course is supported by labs and workshops that allow you to apply this knowledge to select materials and asses the required processing.
- (MTH102 or MTH103 and (ENG225 or MEC225 and enrolled in Program SC411
- ENG301 or MEC3203
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.