Australia is a changing society in a rapidly changing world. The benefits and disadvantages of social change are unevenly distributed. Australian society is characterised by significant inequalities of class, gender, ethnicity and power. Change and inequality affect all the institutions in which we live - education, healthcare, work, religion and government. This course introduces you to a sociological understanding of social change and inequality. It questions whether Australian society is working well for all who live here and, if not, how we might change it for the better.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.