We welcome your feedback
The Thompson Institute is a world-class hub for research, teaching and clinical services for Australia’s most pressing mental health issues. We welcome your feedback; whether it is a compliment, complaint or comment it is important to us and can help us provide a better service for you and others.
How to give feedback
- Email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone us on +61 7 5430 1191
- For feedback related to our clinical services you can also complete the online form.
How we accept your compliment
- Let the person or program you have complimented know about it
- Share the compliment with everyone at the Thompson Institute to encourage best practice in our service delivery
What we do with your comment/suggestion
- Make sure the right person investigates your comment/suggestions
- Notify you of any action or decision if you would like feedback
How we manage your complaint
Complaints will be managed in accordance with USC guidelines and we aim to resolve informal complaints within 10 days and formal complaints within 4 weeks.
If you wish to give feedback to an external agency or do not believe that your concerns raised with the Thompson Institute have been dealt with adequately, the following options are available:
The Queensland Health Ombudsman
For feedback about health related services or a registered health practitioner
Tel: 13 36 46
Brochures are available in reception areas.
The Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC)
For feedback about a clinical research trial
Tel: 1300 064 672
If you are a participant of a clinical trial, the HREC reference number of your trial will be detailed on your consent form.