The use of smart engineered materials is the bedrock of innovations in engineering structures and devices. In this course you will learn that microstructure controls properties and processing controls microstructure, and, through processing, the properties of materials can be engineered for different applications. You will apply this knowledge to solve simple problems by conducting tests, interpreting results and selecting materials based on performance indices to suit design specifications.
- MTH102 or MTH103 and enrolled in program SC367, SC404, SC405, SC410, SC411, SC425, AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301.
- ENG225 or MEC1201
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.