This course introduces you to the law of civil wrongs, known by lawyers as torts. You will examine the history and purpose of this body of law, identifying the various interests it seeks to protect. In part A of the course you will consider the intentional torts. These protect people against unauthorised interference with their bodies, reputation, land, goods and economic interests. You will also examine the strict liability torts of nuisance and breach of statutory duty.
- (LAW102 and enrolled in any Law Program except AR391 or UU301 or XU301) or
- LAW101 and enrolled in AR391
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 3
- Tuition fee:
- Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
LAW201 Course Outline Semester 1, 2017 (PDF 210KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.