This course introduces you to the law of civil wrongs, known by lawyers as torts. You will examine the history and purpose of this body of law, identifying the various interests it seeks to protect. In part A of the course you will consider the intentional torts. These protect people against unauthorised interference with their bodies, reputation, land, goods and economic interests. You will also examine the strict liability torts of nuisance and breach of statutory duty.
- (LAW102 and enrolled in any Law Program (except AR391) or AB101, UU301, UU302, or XU301) or
- LAW101 and enrolled in AR391
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.