For intending students, Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) applications should be submitted to Student Central at the time of admission to the University and normally no later than the commencement of the relevant teaching period.
Current students should submit their credit transfer and RPL applications prior to the commencement of the teaching period in which credit and RPL is being sought.
International students are required to advise USC International of their application for Credit Transfer in accordance with the above timing.
For an application to be considered, you must provide:
- A completed Application for credit transfer and recognition of prior learning form.
- A copy of your official Statement of Academic Record from the institution(s) at which previous studies were undertaken. Please note that individual semester result notices are not an official record of previous study.
- A synopsis for any course/s for which you are seeking credit. Synopses must include the unit value of the course undertaken, level of the course (introductory or advanced) and number of hours contact / instruction undertaken.
- If your application is based on other relevant experience, documentation detailing relevant work experience such as references, position descriptions etc. Please note this is considered at the discretion of the School.
- Refer to the Credit Transfer—Academic Policy.
Applicants for credit transfer and recognition of prior learning will be notified by Student Services and Engagement via email (to their USC email account) of the outcome of their application.
Provisional credit transfer will be granted for a nominated course to be undertaken by cross-institutional study at the time of application. The subsequent award of credit will be dependent on:
- the applicant providing an original official academic transcript showing the result obtained in the completed course
- assessment by the Dean's Delegate that the result obtained in the course is a pass grade or above