This course is a key introductory course for students who wish to complete an accounting degree and pursue a career in the accounting profession. It is also beneficial for students from other disciplines as it stresses the importance of accounting knowledge in the modern business environment. It is structured so that you will learn how to apply the concepts and processes of financial accounting and develop an introductory understanding of how accounting information is used for management decision making. In this course you will apply critical thinking skills to analyse business transactions, complete the accounting cycle, prepare and analyse financial statements, and evaluate internal controls, and you will develop skills in digital literacy using business software applications.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Fraser Coast: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.