This course will advance your understanding of the complex and interesting world of your body's defence system. Immunology studies the body's defences against invading microorganisms, and the way in which these defences can break down and lead to disease. You will also discover that the immune system is impacted by physiological and environmental factors as well as aging and the course links immunological theory to the broader populations and social context.
- LFS202 or LFS203 or (LFS112 and enrolled in Program SC301, SB301, SA301, SA308, SE303 or UB001) OR
- LFS203 and enrolled in Program SC357 or SC355 (Associate Degree in Medical Laboratory Science pathway only)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.