This course introduces you to essential knowledge required to assess, plan and implement evidence based, support and care for women, infants and families during the childbearing experience. Effective communication skills will be developed and an understanding of psycho social, cultural and emotional influences on pregnancy birth and the postnatal transition will be explored. An emphasis will be placed on the health and social benefits of breastfeeding, with development of skills to support women in their transition to mothering.
- (HLT100 or LFS112) and HLT132 and enrolled in Program SC393
- HLT121 or (HLT121 and HLT132 and RN pathway credit)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.