Principles of Nutrition introduces you to the basic principles of nutrition across the human lifespan. You will learn the role and function of nutrients, dietary patterns and human health, nutritional requirements including deficiency and toxicity, food sources of nutrients, common serve sizes of foods and nutrition label reading. The second half of the course covers special nutrient needs of people across the lifespan, through pregnancy and lactation, infancy, childhood and adolescence and maturity and ageing.
- LFS103 or LFS112 or HLT100 or SPX103
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Online: Session 1, Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.