Learn the skills to work with young children
Do you love spending time with young children? This diploma teaches you the skills and knowledge you need to work with young children from birth to five years of age, as they engage in prior-to-school contexts. Through your studies, you’ll learn how to guide children’s learning and development, and how to contribute to their sense of self and wellbeing.
- ^Online with mandatory onsite requirements available from Semester 1, 2022.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
In this program you will:
- Develop the skills you need for employment in childcare, long day care or kindergarten settings
- Learn how to design creative, intentional teaching practices using language, play and cooperation
- Learn about child development; care and nutrition for babies, toddlers and children; and working with families, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Complete 35 days of professional experience placement with babies, toddlers and children in kindergarten
Following successful completion of the Diploma of Education Studies (Early Childhood), you may be eligible for credit into the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood). (Note: you must meet all entry requirements for Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) to receive an offer for that program.)
Employment in childcare, long day care, or as a family day care coordinator
Students must have a Working with Children Check (Blue Card), or link their existing Blue Card to USC, prior to commencing a professional experience placement.
^Online with mandatory onsite requirements available from Semester 1, 2022.
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.