Foster healthy, safe, and supportive environments and communities to positively influence the health and wellbeing of people. Work as a health promotion professional in the diverse field of community and public health.
Contribute to people living happier, longer, and healthier lives, and achieving equitable population health and wellbeing outcomes. Be part of the solution when complex social and environmental public health challenges such as global pandemics occur.
*All eligible, domestic applicants will receive a guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP). Reducing course fees by more than 60%.
Fees are indicative for 2024 and subject to yearly government adjustments.
100% online. Study at your own pace with support from UniSC.
Graduate Certificate in
6 months (4 courses)
- Designed for those wanting to upskill to integrate health promotion, primary prevention or population approaches into their existing role.
- Gain foundation knowledge and skills in health promotion to apply in your current or future work.
- Flexibility to choose from a range of courses to align with your professional development interests.
- A pathway to the Master of Health Promotion.
Two years (16 courses)
- Gain the knowledge and skills to lead impactful health and wellbeing initiatives, and make a difference in communities worldwide.
- Accredited by the International Union for Health Promotion and Education, you'll be eligible to become a registered health promotion practitioner.
- Gain expertise to lead community health and wellbeing assessments, and design, implement, and evaluate health promotion programs and policies.
- If you have completed a bachelor degree you are eligible for this program.
- Or, if you have relevant industry experience you may be eligible.
Questions about your eligibility? Please get in touch to find out more.
Enhance your career opportunities
For those aspiring to enter the field of health promotion, or for current professionals seeking to advance further in their health promotion roles, these programs offer a pathway to enrich your career. Dive into the multifaceted realm of health promotion, where you can make impactful changes for vast populations and play a pivotal role in helping people lead happier, healthier lives.
Whether you're embarking on a new journey in health promotion or aiming to incorporate health promotion and primary prevention into your existing role, this program caters to a broad spectrum of multidisciplinary fields, including:
- Nursing and allied health
- Primary health care
- Primary, secondary, and tertiary health education
- Indigenous health and wellbeing organisations
- Community-based organisations
- Local government
- State and commonwealth government public health policy
- Humanitarian organisations
- Community and government sport organisations
- Non-government health organisations
Earn membership to several professional industry bodies
Offered online. Available domestically or internationally