Applications for Semester 2, 2020 are now closed.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 28 August 2020.
Offered for the first time in 2019, the Judy Renouf Medical and Health Sciences Placement Bursary shall be awarded to undergraduate students undertaking a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement in the Health Sciences discipline. The Bursary is to provide support to students with travel, accommodation, living expenses and/ or to supplement lost income incurred during their work experience placement period as part of their program.
The bursary will be paid in one lump-sum payment of A$2,500 approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed in the Semester the Bursary is awarded.
Please note: This bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursary will not be awarded.
- full-time undergraduate student
- enrolled in a Bachelor of Biomedical Science, Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Accelerated), Bachelor of Dietetics, Bachelor of Nutrition, Bachelor of Health Science, Bachelor of Medical Science
- enrolled in WPL310 WPL320 NUT402 NUT403 NUT404 or HLT326 in the relevant semester and undertaking a work experienc:e placement (WIL), as per the criteria established for placements within the relevant School
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- academic merit
- financial need
- Eligible programs
- Medical and Health Science undergraduate programs
- Number available
- 1 each Semester