Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Across our campuses and study sites, the USC community is working together to create an inclusive culture for our staff and students.
Strategies and plans
- USC Strategic Plan 2019-2022
- USC Academic Plan 2016-2020
- Student Engagement and Retention Blueprint 2017-2020
- Equity and Diversity - Governing Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion Plan 2020 - 2022 (in development 2020)
- Reconciliation Action Plan 2017-2019 (under review 2020)
- Disability Action Plan 2015-2020
- Sunshine Coast Multicultural Action Plan
- Student expectations and responsibilities
- Student Mental Health and Wellbeing Action Plan 2019-2022
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committees
- Vice-Chancellor and President's Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee
- Vice-Chancellor and President's Indigenous Advisory Committee
- Diversity and Inclusion Plan Working Group
- Athena SWAN Implementation Committee
- School of Education Indigenous sub-committee
- Pathways Access Strategy Management Group
- Student Representative Council
Participation in higher education
We have a range of strategies to increase participation rates in equity groups. Learn more about our preparation pathways, bursaries and support services available.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education
At USC, we work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to increase Indigenous Australian participation rates in higher education.
Cultural and linguistic diversity
We value the cultural and linguistic diversity of our community and have a range of initiatives to create a diverse and inclusive culture.
Disability and inclusion
LGBTIQ+ and community
USC is focused on the inclusion of sexually and gender diverse identities, including but not limited to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+)