This course develops essential knowledge required to provide midwifery-led care across the continuum. The emphasis is on the role of the midwife in promoting and supporting physiology and providing woman-centred, evidence-based care. Effective communication skills will be developed and an understanding of psycho social, cultural and emotional influences on pregnancy birth and the postnatal transition will be explored.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.