Medical microbiology describes the relationships between microbes and our lives including harmful as well as beneficial effects of microorganisms. You will learn about infectious diseases, their aetiology and clinical manifestation, transmission routes, treatment/techniques in detection and identification of pathogenic microorganisms. The course investigates microbial diseases of the various systems with practical sessions on isolation and identification procedures of pathogenic microorganisms in clinical samples and their antibiotic susceptibility.
- MBT263 or LFS261 or MEP263
- MEP252 or MEP253 or MBT253
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2:Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.