Medical microbiology describes the relationships between microbes and our lives. This includes harmful as well as beneficial effects of microorganisms. You will learn about the infectious diseases, their aetiology and clinical manifestation, routes of transmission, treatment and techniques in detection and identification of pathogenic microorganisms. The course investigates microbial diseases of the skin, digestive tract, respiratory, urinary, reproductive, nervous and cardiovascular systems. The practical sessions of the course focuses on the isolation and identification procedures of pathogenic microorganisms in clinical samples and their antibiotic susceptibility.
- MBT263 or LFS261 or MEP263
- MEP252 or MEP253 or MBT253
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.