Do you own a small business? Or are you thinking about starting one? This undergraduate certificate gives you practical skills and knowledge you can use in the workplace from day one. Study of the fundamentals of modern small business, with the flexibility to focus on the skills you want to develop.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
In this program you will:
- Study accounting and marketing along with your choice of courses in social media, entrepreneurship, quality, supply chains, and change management
- Get practical experience and apply what you've learned to real business problems
- Improve your qualifications and open up a pathway to further study
Depending on your selection of courses: small business owner or manager, supply chain manager, change manager, social media consultant, quality consultant, entrepreneur.
Fees for short courses
USC is offering a limited number of Commonwealth supported places in the Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business in 2021. To be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place you must be a domestic student, and meet the citizenship and residency requirements. For more information visit Commonwealth supported places. Eligible students are able to defer payment through HECS‑HELP.
Commonwealth supported places for short courses available under the Federal Government's Job Ready Graduates package are only available for 2021. Any remaining short course units that are commenced in 2022 would not be Commonwealth supported.
Scholarships for Fraser Coast students
Do you live in the Fraser Coast region? If you enrol to study the Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business online, you could be eligible for a scholarship to cover the full cost of your tuition fees. For more information visit Undergraduate Certificate Fee-Waiver Scholarships.
Completion of Year 12 or be 17 years of age; and meet minimum selection threshold ATAR 55.
How to apply
To apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business, submit the completed online application form via Apply USC. Commonwealth supported places will be allocated to eligible students who meet the entry requirements in order of application date, so apply as soon as possible.
Introductory courses (2) 24 units
Developing and Graduate courses (2) 24 units
Select 2 courses (24 units) from:
Total units: 48
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- The Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business is designed to articulate into the Associate Degree of Business, Diploma in Business Innovation, Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Business (Digital Futures), Bachelor of Business (Innovation), Bachelor of Business (International), Bachelor of Business Management)
- Completing this program within the specified (part-time) duration is based on studying 24 unit points per semester (2 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Courses within this program are assessed using a variety of assessment methods which may include essays, seminar presentations, reports, in-class tests and examinations
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Scholarships expand career, study options for Fraser Coast students28 January
USC is offering 25 exclusive full scholarships for Fraser Coast students applying to study a range of undergraduate certificates this semester.