Fast track your business career and open the door to senior management.
An MBA is an opportunity to increase and deepen your range of management skills. The program covers the latest trends and influences in business and builds on your skills in critical thinking and analysis.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2020 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students should consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Dr Wayne Graham
Learn in a team environment where you and the other program participants share your real life management challenges and how you apply problem solving skills.
Complete eight courses in the fundamentals of accounting, economics, corporate finance, strategic management and marketing. Then choose four courses in topics that interest you including international trade and finance, entrepreneurship, global business management, informatics, research and many others.
Best of all, apply your new skills in your current job and complete the MBA flexibly either on campus or online.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent *
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
* Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree but have at least 3 years’ relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience may be admitted to the qualifying Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration will qualify the candidate for entry into the MBA for completion of the remaining courses.
You qualify for high level management roles, such as, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, General Manager, Senior Project Manager or Account Executive.
From Session 2, 2020 Sunshine Coast and Online intakes will be Session 2, Session 3, Session 5, Session 6, Session 7 and Session 1. SouthBank intakes will be Session 2, Session 3, Session 5 and Session 6.
Required courses (8) 96 units
PLUS select 1 course from:
PLUS select 1 course from:
Elective courses (4) 48 units
Select 4 postgraduate level (700 coded) elective courses (48 units) from the USC Business School.
These electives can be used to study courses in the following interest areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Health Sector Business Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- International Business (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Management (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Marketing (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Supply Chain Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
Please note that the program structure of the MBA and names of courses are subject to change.
Note: Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 144
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 144 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses
Related newsUSC Newsroom
MBA provides career boost for Pretorius21 April
Gaining a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at USC while seeking admission to practise law in Queensland could prove a game-changer for Werner Pretorius of Buderim.
Oztag bursaries for USC students24 February
A USC Master of Business Administration graduate behind the rapid expansion of Queensland Oztag in the past decade has presented two USC student athletes with bursaries to encourage their sport and career aspirations.
Crime-fighting graduate wins national business award10 June 2019
A USC double graduate fighting major federal crimes such as people smuggling, cyber attacks and child exploitation has won a national business women’s award.