This course aims to provide you with an elementary understanding of the current legal frameworks that apply to business and the underpinning ethics. You will examine the origins of our legal system, sources of law in Australia and Native Title. You will learn how to identify and interpret legal frameworks applicable to business, including contract law, negligence, consumer and employment law. This will give you broad legal knowledge and skills to manage business threats and opportunities.
- BUS103 or LAW101 or LAW102 or LAW201 or LAW202 or LAW203 or LAW204
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Online: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4B
- Tuition fee
- 1.4B: Accounting, Business, Law, Economics, Management
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.