Graduate Certificate in Business Research
Solve real-world business problems and take your first step into specialised business research. This four-course graduate certificate is designed to build your knowledge, skills and training in key business-related research methods.
In this program you will:
- Provides the foundation for entry into a postgraduate research program
- Work with experienced academics to develop your research topic, and plan and draft a literature review
- Receive a thorough grounding in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
DurationFull-time or equivalent part-time Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
Indicative 2024 fees (A$)Fee-paying
- Semester 1
- Business research
- Pathway to further postgraduate studies
- Semester 1
- Delivery mode
- Total courses
- Total units
- 4 months 4 months
- UniSC program code
- Program coordinator
Required courses (4) 48 units
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all UniSC courses are available on every UniSC campus.
A three year Bachelor's degree from a recognised higher education institution in business or related field, or equivalent.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses.
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
UniSC strongly supports the rights of all people to pursue studies. The University embraces diversity and endeavours to accommodate all students.
What are Inherent Academic Requirements (IARs)?
The IARs of a program are those fundamental skills, capabilities and knowledge that students must be able to demonstrate in order to achieve the essential learning outcomes of the program, while maintaining the academic integrity of that program.
Students with a disability or chronic health condition may be able to have reasonable adjustments made to enable them to meet these requirements.
UniSC is committed to making reasonable adjustments to teaching and learning, assessment, placement and other activities to enable students to participate in their program.
Reasonable adjustments must not fundamentally change the nature of the IAR.
Consideration is given to a student's cultural and religious background/beliefs, which may impact on participation in their program or course. For further information contact Student Support.
Why are Inherent Academic Requirements (IARs) important?
IARs ensure the academic integrity of a program is maintained and preserves the University's learning, assessment and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
How does this affect you?
To successfully complete a program at UniSC, you need to be able to meet all the Inherent Academic Requirements.
If you are applying for a program, you should read the IAR statement carefully to ensure you are able to meet them.
If you have a disability or chronic health condition, contact a UniSC Disability Advisor to talk about the adjustments that may be put in place so you can meet the requirements.
- Fee-paying estimate
- A$13,314 - 2024 Fees
Postgraduate coursework places
All postgraduate coursework programs are subject to tuition fees unless the postgraduate program is offered under Commonwealth support arrangements.
Eligible students (Australian citizens, permanent humanitarian visa holders and New Zealand Citizens who hold a Special Category Visa and meet the eligibility requirements) may seek assistance to defer payment via a FEE-HELP loan.