Enter the world of cyber security.
Take your first step into a growing global field with a foundational qualification in cyber security and cyber crime. Working with case studies, real data and insider expert knowledge, you’ll be exposed to emerging cyber security threats and issues, and learn cutting-edge methodologies as you develop the skills for cyber security investigations.
You'll learn from industry experts with decades of practical experience in international cyber security, including the FBI, US Department of Defense, the Australian Signals Directorate and Australian Crime Commission.
Whether you work in ICT and want to build specialist knowledge, or are new to the field, this qualification provides your introduction to the fast-growing cyber security profession.
Continue towards master’s level with the Master of Cyber Investigation and Forensics.
In this program you will:
- Develop cyber tradecraft skills and competencies, including an introduction to cryptocurrencies, encryption, device and network security, vulnerability testing as well as cyber investigation strategies to locate the offender.
- Learn from industry experts who have worked at the FBI, US Department of Defense, the Australian Signals Directorate and Australian Crime Commission.
- Apply and use a range of basic software and hardware in cyber investigations.
- Identify points of attack on devices and networks and secure them.
- Sharpen your critical thinking, investigative and ethical skills.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to possess an undergraduate degree (AQF Level 7) qualification from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent*.
*Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree but have 5 years relevant work experience or other relevant experience may be admitted to the program.
Entry-level cyber security analyst, junior security and operations analyst, cyber security consultant
Be at the forefront of cyber security
As part of USC’s Institute for Cyber Investigations and Forensics, you'll learn from industry experts and be at the cutting-edge of cyber research, advocacy and commercialisation.Learn more
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and a recommended study sequence.
Required courses (4) 48 units
Note: Program structures are subject to change.
Total units: 48
Recommended study sequence
This recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students in previous structures should use this sequence to inform order of courses and current course details. For courses in your commencing structure not included in the current sequence, search the course code for current course offerings and requisites.
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International