Enter the world of cyber security.
Take your first step into a growing global field with a foundational qualification in cyber security and cyber crime. Working with case studies, real data and insider expert knowledge, you’ll be exposed to emerging cyber security threats and issues, and learn cutting-edge methodologies as you develop the skills for cyber security investigations.
- This program is not CRICOS registered. Please note that offshore international students enrolling in this program can only study it fully online. This program is not available to onshore international students on a Student Visa.
- Fee type - Funding Cluster 3
- Note: Students in specific courses may have the opportunity to seek external industry certifications. Any fees associated with these certifications must be borne by the student and are not the responsibility of the University.
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Associate Professor Clive Harfield
You'll learn from industry experts with decades of practical experience in international cyber security, including the FBI, US Department of Defense, the Australian Signals Directorate and Australian Crime Commission.
Whether you work in ICT and want to build specialist knowledge, or are new to the field, this qualification provides your introduction to the fast-growing cyber security profession.
Continue towards master’s level with the Master of Cyber Investigation and Forensics.
In this program you will:
- Develop cyber tradecraft skills and competencies, including an introduction to cryptocurrencies, encryption, device and network security, vulnerability testing as well as cyber investigation strategies to locate the offender.
- Learn from industry experts who have worked at the FBI, US Department of Defense, the Australian Signals Directorate and Australian Crime Commission.
- Apply and use a range of basic software and hardware in cyber investigations.
- Identify points of attack on devices and networks and secure them.
- Sharpen your critical thinking, investigative and ethical skills.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to possess an undergraduate degree (AQF Level 7) qualification from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent*.
*Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree but have 5 years relevant work experience or other relevant experience may be admitted to the program.
Please note that offshore international students enrolling in this program can only study it fully online. This program is not available to onshore international students on a Student Visa.
Entry-level cyber security analyst, junior security and operations analyst, cyber security consultant
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.