Create games that will change the world
The gaming industry is one of the fastest and most innovative business sectors, with game design being used to create more than “just a game”. With new opportunities emerging in education, healthcare, marketing, and more, this diverse field is one of the fastest growing and most exciting sectors of the games industry. This unique program lets you build and apply skills in game design and development to address a range of real-world problems – using the universal appeal of play.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Justin Carter
In this program you will:
- Analyse the meanings and cultural implications of gameplay and story, using this knowledge to create emotionally rich and challenging experiences within your own games and simulations.
- Specialise in game art, interactive narrative, or programming.
- Have the opportunity to use elective subjects to hone your studies in a particular subject area, from areas as diverse as Indigenous Studies, Health Promotion, or Politics and International Relations.
- Work as a specialist in multidisciplinary project teams, gaining hands-on experience developing for PC, smart-phones and tablets, augmented reality, and virtual reality.
- Computer programmer/systems analyst
- Games designer/developer
- App developer
- Web designer/developer
- Mixed reality designer
- Augmented and virtual reality developer
- Video artist/Video editor
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Game Design graduates use wisdom to create Folly4 May
Nine tech-minded USC graduates are taking their Game Design degrees to the next level with research projects that aim to capture the imaginations of interactive theatre audiences.
Will taps into power of gaming for career inspiration19 April
Gympie gaming enthusiast Will Averillo is so impressed by the power and artistry of computer games that he’s taken his pursuit of a career in the rapidly growing game design industry to the next level.