- Dr Phillip Ablett: Senior Lecturer, Sociology
- Dr Katrina Andrews: Lecturer in Counselling
- Associate Professor Kerry Armstrong: Principal Research Fellow
- Dr Theresa Ashford: Lecturer, Social Sciences
- Professor Claudia Baldwin: Professor, Urban Design and Town Planning & Co-Director Sustainability Research Centre
- Associate Professor Harriot Beazley: Associate Professor, Human Geography
- Dr Bindi Bennett: Senior Lecturer, Social Work
- Dr Shannon Brincat: Senior Lecturer in Politics and International Relations
- Associate Professor Kelley Burton: Associate Professor in Law | School of Law and Society
- Dr Marcus Bussey: Senior Lecturer in History and Futures Studies | School of Law and Society
- Dr Justine Campbell: Lecturer in Counselling
- Professor RW (Bill) Carter: Professor, Heritage Resource Management
- Professor Jennifer Carter: Professor, Geography
- Dr Larissa (Lara) Christensen: Senior Lecturer in Criminology and Justice
- Dr Amy Clarke: Senior Lecturer in History
- Dr Margaret Cook: Lecturer in History
- Associate Professor Philip Crane: Associate Professor, Social Work
- Professor Jeremy Davey: Leader, USC Road Safety Research Collaboration
- Professor Cindy Davis: Professor and Discipline Leader, Social Work
- Ms Dimitra Lattas: Associate Lecturer, Social Work | School of Law and Society
- Suzanne Evans: Associate Lecturer, Counselling
- Dr Stefanie Fishel: Lecturer, Politics and International Relations
- Dr Trudi Flynn: Lecturer, Counselling
- Associate Professor James Freeman: Principal Research Fellow
- Dr Trevor Gates: Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- Justine Grogan: Associate Lecturer, Indigenous Studies
- Simone Henrikson: Associate Lecturer in Law
- Dr Peter Innes: Senior Lecturer, Social Sciences
- Gerard Jefferies: Lecturer & Field Education Coordinator, Social Work
- Dr Kate Jonathan: Lecturer, Social Work (Fraser Coast)
- Professor Christian Jones: Leader, Engage Research Lab; Professor, Interactive Digital Media
- Dr Athena Lathouras: Senior Lecturer, Social Work
- Dr Jehan Loza: Lecturer, Indigenous Studies
- Kirsty Mackie: Lecturer in Law
- Dr Nadine McKillop: Deputy Head of School (Research) | Senior Lecturer, Criminology and Justice
- Dale Mitchell: Lecturer in Law
- Dr Emily Moir: Lecturer in Criminology and Justice
- Dr Dominique Moritz: Senior Lecturer,Law | Deputy Head of School (Learning and Teaching)
- Professor Patrick D. Nunn: Professor of Geography & Co-Director of the Sustainability Research Centre
- Sophia O'Brien: Lecturer in Law
- Tess Parker: Lecturer, Social Work | School of Law and Society
- Simone Pearce: Lecturer in Law
- Dr Ashley Pearson: Lecturer in Law
- Dr Mark Pearson: Senior Lecturer, Counselling
- Dr Timothy Peters: Senior Lecturer in Law
- Professor Neil Powell: Professor of Sustainable Development
- Zalia Powell: Lecturer, Social Work | School of Law and Society
- Professor Tim Prenzler: Professor of Criminology | School of Law and Society
- Dr Susan Rayment-McHugh: Lecturer in Criminology and Justice
- Mary Riley: Lecturer in Criminology and Justice
- Dr Dyann Ross: Senior Lecturer in Social Work | Program Coordinator, Diploma of Social and Human Services
- Professor Jay Sanderson: Head of School
- Dr Bridie Scott-Parker: Senior USC Research Fellow, National Health and Medical Research Council
- Professor Tim Smith: Professor of Sustainability
- Andrea Snow: Associate Lecturer | School of Law and Society
- Anna Spencer: Lecturer & Field Education Coordinator Social Work and Human Services, School of Social Sciences
- Dr Nicholas Stevens: Senior Lecturer, Urban Design and Town Planning
- Dr Silvia Tavares: Lecturer in Urban Design and Town Planning
- Dr Helen Wilson: Lecturer, Counselling
- David Wise: Lecturer in Law
- Dr Raj Yadav: Lecturer, Social Work
Glenn Ferguson AM
Adjunct Professor and Managing Director, Ferguson Cannon Lawyers
Glenn is a Past President of the Law Council of Australia, LAWASIA and the Queensland Law Society.
He is a Founding Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law, Honorary Fellow of the College of Law, Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Fellow of the Australia and New Zealand College of Notaries.
He is Chair of WorkCover Queensland and Lexon Insurance.
He has been appointed by both Federal and State Governments to various advisory boards and task forces in the legal, migration and business sectors.
Glenn has also held or continues to hold a number of board positions in both the public and private sector in the insurance, superannuation, education, sport, charity and information technology areas including chairing a publicly listed company.
In 2010 he was appointed by the Prime Minister to the Expert Panel to consider the recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in the Constitution.
In the 2015 Australia Day Honours, Glenn was made a Member of the Order of Australia “For significant service to the law and to the legal profession, both nationally and in the Asia-Pacific region, and to the community”.
Adjunct Lecturer and Principal Solicitor, Suncoast Community Legal Service Inc.
Julian Porter is Principal Solicitor at Suncoast Community Legal Service and has twenty years' experience in the government and community legal sectors. Admitted as a legal practitioner in 1995 he rose through the ranks to Senior Legal Officer in the Appeals and Prosecutions section at Crown Law. After a stint working in London, a career change beckoned. While pursuing his love of writing never ended up paying the bills, his journalism qualification and five years of graft as a part-time freelancer sharpened his communication skills for a new challenge in the community sector. Firstly within disability advocacy group QAI, then for the past seven years at Suncoast CLS, Julian has enjoyed the challenge of building an organisation and its capacity and working with volunteers to assist people from situations of disadvantage. The involvement with University of Sunshine Coast students in the Law Clinic is yet another reason Julian is pleased he ended up sticking with the law.
Professor of Forensic Psychology, Faculty Research Centre for Advances in Behavioural Science
Professor Brown has been conducting research related to sexual aggression for over 20 years. She is a Forensic Psychologist, Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS). Professor Brown is the Chair-Elect of the National Organisation for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (NOTA) and a Fellow of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA). She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and an Advisory Board Member of the Centre of Expertise on Child Sexual Abuse. She is an Associate Editor of Child Abuse and Neglect and a member of the Editorial Board of Sexual Abuse and the Journal of Sexual Aggression having been the Editor of the latter journal from 2008 to 2014.
Senior Research Fellow, School of Law and Criminology - SVRPU
Ms Dimity Adams is a Senior Research Fellow with the School of Law and Criminology, and core member of the SVRPU. She is a registered Psychologist with a Masters Degree in Psychology (Clinical) and a Post-graduate Certificate in Indigenous Mental Health and Wellbeing. Dimity's clinical experience is primarily in the prevention, assessment and treatment of forensic concerns (e.g. offending and antisocial behaviours). Dimity is considered a practice leader in the assessment and treatment of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples who have committed sexual offences and has considerable experience working in collaboration with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities throughout Queensland. Dimity has led program development and delivery in the areas of the treatment and prevention of sexually abusive behaviours, as well as consulting to a variety of organisations on the prevention of sexually abusive behaviours within institutions. Dimity has project management experience and has been a chief investigator on large externally funded research projects.