Fast-track your career in business
This two-year program offers the perfect pathway to university to gain new skills, switch careers or simply learn more about a business area that interests you. Fast-track your business education and gain guaranteed entry into a degree at USC. In your first year, you’ll learn innovative business concepts and develop problem-solving techniques. Choose an area to specialise and complete four subjects (a minor) in one of the following areas: accounting, entrepreneurship, event management, economics, financial planning, human resource management, international business, information systems, marketing, management, business law, property, or tourism, leisure and event management.
Refer to Bachelor of Business.
Eligibility for memberships of professional bodies depends on areas of specialisation.
The 2017 Australian Federal Budget proposes changes to fee arrangements for higher education students. If these changes are passed by the Federal Parliament, domestic students who have a completed higher education qualification and are studying Diploma or Associate Degree programs may not be eligible for Commonwealth Support from Semester 1, 2018. We will provide further information on any changes to fees as soon as it is available.
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and a recommended study sequence.
Introductory courses (7)
COR109 Communication and Thought
BUS101 Business Analytics
BUS102 Introduction to Economics
BUS104 Introduction to Management
BUS105 Introduction to Marketing
BUS106 Accounting for Business
BUS108 Introduction to Informatics
Advanced course (1)
Elective courses (8)
Select 8 elective courses. Of the electives, 5 must be advanced level (200/300 coded) from the School of Business, and the remaining 3 electives may be from either faculty (Arts, Business and Law or Science, Health, Education and Engineering).
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 192
Recommended study sequence
This recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students in previous structures should use this sequence to inform order of courses and current course details. For courses in your commencing structure not included in the current sequence, search the course code for current course offerings and requisites.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 192 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Complete no more than 10 introductory level (100 coded) courses.
- Follow the program structure for your year and semester of commencement unless advised otherwise.
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses).
- Most courses are valued at 12 units unless otherwise specified
- Courses within this program are assessed using a variety of assessment methods including essays, seminar presentations, reports, in-class tests and examinations. Not all courses will necessarily include all methods.
- As part of your USC program, you may apply to Study Overseas to undertake courses with an overseas higher education provider.
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa.
- Refer to the 'Planning your study' page to manage your progression.
- You may wish to use electives to complete an additional major or minor.
- Register your selected major(s) and minor(s).
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general undergraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Refer to the application dates for cut-off dates and deadlines
- Check your eligibility for credit
Apply via Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) — Use the relevant QTAC code specified on Why study this program?
The below applicants can apply online directly to USC:
- USC Tertiary Preparation Pathways (TPP) students who are currently enrolled in, or have had an enrolment in the previous two years; or
- USC / TAFE Articulation program students; or
- USC students who have completed an undergraduate program within the last two years, or are due to complete their program prior to their proposed semester of commencement;
- USC students who are currently enrolled in one program and want to study another program concurrently.
Apply direct to USC International
International students should contact USC International
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester, session and/or trimester dates.