Become a specialist in Steiner philosophy.
Advance your teaching career and become a specialist in Steiner philosophy with this flexible graduate certificate. The only qualification of its kind in Australia, USC’s program offers the opportunity to connect theory and practice, and work with experts and like minded educators to develop your pedagogy. Graduates are in demand in Steiner schools all over the world due to an international shortage of qualified Steiner teachers.
The program includes weekly online lectures that can be viewed at your own convenience, engaging weekly classes delivered online in real time, and a compulsory two-day weekend intensive for each course (four intensives in total).
In this program you will:
- Complete four specialist courses in Steiner Education
- Learn from fully trained and qualified Steiner teachers and study with a cohort of like minded peers
- Develop the skills and knowledge you need to advance your teaching career in Steiner/Waldorf schools, both in Australia and overseas
Looking for an advanced qualification? Upon successful completion of the four Steiner Education courses, you can choose to progress to a Master of Education.
This program is fully recognised by Steiner Education Australia.
Note: The Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education is a postgraduate education program open to applicants with current teaching registration. This program does not qualify graduates for teacher registration.
A student entering the Graduate Certificate in Steiner Education will normally be required to hold a four-year bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) qualification in the education discipline from a recognised institution, or equivalent qualification.
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Required courses (4) 48 units
|Course||Semester of offer||Requisites|
|EDU781 Contemporary Issues in Steiner Education||Pre: ED510 or ED705|
|EDU782 The Art of Steiner Education||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED510 or ED705|
|EDU783 Steiner Curriculum Development and Evaluation||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED510 or ED705|
|EDU784 Assessment Principles and Practice in Steiner Education||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED510 or ED705|
Total units: 48
Recommended study sequence
This recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students in previous structures should use this sequence to inform order of courses and current course details. For courses in your commencing structure not included in the current sequence, search the course code for current course offerings and requisites.
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Not available to International students on a Student Visa
- All courses available on campus at Sippy Downs
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.