Become a next-level business leader.
This program is for managers from a broad field of occupations who want to enhance their strategic and operational management skills. USC has two new specialist electives to the program to meet increasing job demands – Project Management and Health Sector Business Management.
In this program, you will improve your ability to evaluate business decision-making and work on real world business problems and situations. Develop important skills in managing people and teams.
The Master’s program gives you a complete theoretical foundation in all areas of management, including finance, informatics and marketing.
- Completion of a recognised Bachelor degree from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent.
- Students admitted to the program with a completed AQF level 7 Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business are eligible to have the volume of learning in this program reduced by 48 units.
- Applicants from a non-English speaking background must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and a recommended study sequence.
Required courses (11) 132 units
ACC701 Accounting for Managers
BUS702 Economics for Managers
BUS703 Managing Research
INF701 Management Informatics
MGT701 Managing Organisations
MGT702 Managing People
MGT703 Strategic Management
MGT712 Corporate Governance, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
MKG701 Marketing Management
PRM701 Project Management Principles
PLUS select 1 course (12 units) from:
Elective courses (5) 60 units
These elective courses can be used to complete a specialisation in one of the following areas:
- Health Sector Business Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- International Business
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
OR select 5 courses (60 units) from:
BUS704 Corporate Finance
BUS705 Innovation and Management Decision Making
BUS706 International Business Law and Ethics
BUS707 Managing Across Global Cultures
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
BUS710 Marketing in an International Environment
HSM701 Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Health Sector Business Management
MGT704 Global Business Management
MGT711 Entrepreneurship and Venture Planning
MGT730 Leveraging Innovation, Design and Creativity
MGT731 Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation
MGT735 Retail Supply Chain Management and Procurement
MGT736 Supply Chain Sustainability and Risk Management
MGT737 Supply Chain Management
MKG721 Food Marketing
PRM710 Project Risk
PRM720 Project Planning
PRM721 Project Integration
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 192
Recommended study sequence
This recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students in previous structures should use this sequence to inform order of courses and current course details. For courses in your commencing structure not included in the current sequence, search the course code for current course offerings and requisites.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 192 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Some specialisation areas are available as a part-time study option only.
- Students admitted to the program with a completed AQF level 7 Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business are eligible to have the volume of learning in this program reduced by 48 units
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to the 'Planning your study' page to manage your progression
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International
International students should contact USC International
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in the correct courses (subjects).
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to make sure you are studying the right courses at the right time so you complete the required unit value to graduate from your degree when you plan to.
It is each student's responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements, and to be aware of the academic calendar dates.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
View step-by-step instructions to enrol at How do I enrol?
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key dates, including the last day to add, drop or swap a course or class and Census dateas.