Get yourself ready to run the show.
You can step up your business management expertise and open the door to even higher educational potential down the track with this program. The Graduate Diploma aims to broaden your management skills and take your career to a senior level. Focus on detailed practical skill development in real business settings to deepen your problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2020 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students should consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
The theoretical components of the program will be applied through working with local business people. This also provides beneficial networking and possible employment opportunities. Specialise in a management area of your choice such as decision-making, economics, marketing, management, law, ethics or informatics.
It’s 8 courses and effectively means you have completed almost three-quarters of a Master in Business Administration (MBA). Choose to upgrade your qualification later on by completing an additional 4 courses to earn an MBA - the international standard for graduate business qualifications.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Apply for senior management roles in government and across a diverse range of businesses and industries.
From Session 2, 2020 Sunshine Coast and Online intakes will be Session 2, Session 3, Session 5, Session 6, Session 7 and Session 1, 2021.
Required courses (4) 48 units
Select 4 courses from:
ACC511 Managerial Finance *
ACC701 Accounting for Managers
BUS502 Principles of Economics for Accountants *
BUS702 Economics for Managers
BUS703 Managing Research
BUS704 Corporate Finance
BUS705 Innovation Management
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
MGT701 Leading and Managing Organisations
MGT703 Strategic Management
MKG701 Marketing Management
*BUS502 and ACC511 are only available to Southbank students.
Elective courses (4) 48 units
Select 4 elective courses (48 units) chosen from 700 level courses from the USC Business School.
These electives can be used to study courses in the following interest areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Health Sector Business Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- International Business (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Management (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Marketing (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Supply Chain Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
* Please note that the program structure of the MBA and names of courses are subject to change.
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 96
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 96 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses